Friday, July 15, 2011

Traffic Exchange Website

Soon after I started writing online, I discovered a traffic exchange website through my fellow writer and sister. The website is called Traffup. All you have to do is to register and post a maximum of 10 links to your articles and assign points to each article. The system is like this: each time you view another person’s website through Traffup, you earn points.
The points may range from 1 to 99, depending on how many the user wanted to assign to a page. Likewise, others can also view your website through Traffup. Each time they view yours, your points get deducted. You have to assign points wisely to each of your post. Of course, the higher the points, the more likely your post will get clicked, but the easier you’ll lose points. Once your points become negative, your posts will be removed from the website’s list. To get your links back to the page, you have to click others’ websites and earn points.

That is the concept of traffic exchange. Unfortunately, Hubpages (that’s where I write my articles) doesn’t allow it. So if you’re a member of Hubpages, do not use Traffup or other traffic exchange websites. If you insist on using the service, your articles will be removed. I received a warning on all the articles I posted on Traffup and acted upon it immediately. I no longer use Traffup. This has somehow hurt my traffic. I am currently looking for other legal ways to increase traffic. I am exploring on Digg and Twitter. Admittedly, those didn’t bring as much traffic as Traffup did. But I’m still learning. And of course, I just need to keep writing more.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello seriousnuts,
I have also found Traffup to be very good. I am sorry that you had to remove it from your Hub Pages. I have to still learn a lot about increasing traffic. You could also try LinkReviewer.com. Take care and my very best wishes to you.
Judy from Jamaica

Unknown said...

Hi Judy,
You're right, it's a very useful website. Too bad Hubpages prohibits it. I should work extra hard to gain more traffic. Thank you for your suggestion. I will definitely try LinkReviewer. Best wishes to you too! Take care.

~seriousnuts

WorldmedTourism said...

I like the title of the article and it suits the article's matter.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the comment! Hope you visit again.