Monday, February 06, 2012

Today I Learned #1: You Can Make Potato Chips Using a Microwave

**Author's Note: If you're familiar with the social bookmarking site called Reddit, then you've probably heard of a popular subreddit named TIL: Today I Learned. Under this category, you just provide a single sentence indicating a thing you have just learned about. In addition, you add a URL pointing to the source of your recent discovery. Anyway, I've been long gone to Reddit. And I've just come up with an idea to instead start my own TIL series within my blog (check out for the "Today I Learned" labels), and instead of putting it in a mere sentence, I would like to elaborate it in a paragraph or two.

So for my very first Today I Learned Post:


Today I Learned #1: You can make potato chips using a microwave.

Photo by Master isolated images via Freedigitalphotos.
I love potato chips. Whenever I go to the grocery stores, there is always a large bag of potato chips inside the push cart. However, I know that these treats are high in saturated fats. Some brands even contain too much salt and MSG. Although I'm aware of these unhealthy ingredients, I still buy the chips anyway. I just couldn't help it.

And then I came across an article where about making potato chips at home. Nope, you're not going to need a deep-fryer for that. In fact, the source I've found teaches an easy method that is a lot healthier than frying: through a microwave. Sounds simple right? I was awed to learn about this and was excited to try it as soon as I am able to buy some fresh potatoes. Click the link below where you could find the recipe located at the lower portion of the article.

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/7-unexpected-uses-microwave-164800328.html

1 comment:

Rainy Kua said...

Finally, I can eat potato chips without feeling guilty! Hurray!