Friday, March 30, 2012

My Bucket List: Revisit Japan

One thing I've been yearning for since childhood is to go to Japan. I've finally made it, but would still go back there some time. The country is so rich in culture and tradition. In fact, there is a word specifically made for the study of Japanese culture - Japanology. I've never seen so many shows delving into a country's tradition as much as in Japan (at least among those that I am aware of.) I think it is because of the many peculiarities of the culture that foreigners find so intriguing.

There are still so many things to look forward to on my next visit. I would like to go to Ghibli museum and Sanrio Land. I would like to buy Anime merchandise or simply window shop to see their many cute products. I would like to taste some authentic sashimi and ramen. I wish that someday I would bring my special someone and have a picnic with him under the Cherry blossoms tree. Endless of things to do there. Meanwhile, check the articles below to know more about our travel experiences there, written by my twin sister cheerfulnuts:


Cheerfulnuts in the Tokyo Subway: Her Adventure from Shinjuku to Shibuya with Seriousnuts

Where to Go in Japan: Cheerfulnuts' Experience in the Land of the Rising Sun

An Important Advice for Travelers: Pee Whenever You Have the Chance

8 comments:

Zabrinah said...

I want to revisit a few places as well. There are a lot of great places to travel to and Japan is certainly one of them. Like you wrote, there is so much history/culture. I hope you go back and have a fabulous time!

~Zabrinah
[your everyday girl,
writing about guys]

Unknown said...

I do hope I'd get the chance to revisit Japan! Thanks for dropping by, Zabrinah.

Chubby Singson said...

wow! i've always wanted to go to Japan. I like their national flower and would love to see them myself. haha.

: )

Unknown said...

Hi Ers, I love their flowers too. They create a beautiful scenery. Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a wonderful comment.

Unknown said...

Japan is really a fascinating country. Over the years my twin and I have corresponded with pen-pals from this country and we learnt a lot as well as received pictures, postcards and gifts. By the way, I have tagged you in my latest post. When you can find the time you can have a go at it if you wish. Take care and have a great weekend.

PALiiiTS said...

I'm always amazed by their "sakuras". Especially their talents in horticulture. I see you're a keen person on cultures and people. Will definitely visit here more often. Thanks for droppin by mine.

Unknown said...

Hi Judy! Nice to hear from you again. I see, writing letters and sending gifts to pen-pals from different countries is an interesting hobby. I would love to do the same given the opportunity. It would be a great learning experience. Thanks Judy, I would check your post regarding that soon. Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Hi PALiiTS, yes I love to learn about cultures and people. I find them really interesting. Thanks for dropping by. Hope to hear from you again soon.