Friday, May 25, 2012

9 Ways to Stay Away from Hackers, Spyware, and Viruses

I admit that I’m not a Computer Wizard, yet using a computer since I was 8 years old without a brother to fix it when it went wrong had forced me to learn everything I can to care for my computer. So yeah, maybe I’m the “technician” when it comes to my family.

I have noticed that many users I know have little or no knowledge about computer protection. Especially now that almost everyone with a computer has internet access, having the necessary protection is a must. Internet is a good place to get freebies. You get to download songs, music videos, movies, e-books, games, and softwares – you name it. But just as much as there are goodies in the internet, so do the bad stuff – Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Malwares, and Spywares. What’s more scary is that since the advent of wifi, more and more users have become connected to a computer network. One attack by the bad guys and all the computers connected are doomed. But don’t despair; you don’t have to be a computer wizard to be able to have a secured computer or a secured network. Everyone can learn. Here are some of the guidelines you could follow to help protect your computer. (Continue reading on All About Computers).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very interesting and informative post seriousnuts. Thanks for sharing the Top 5 Anti-virus software. I have used AVG,Avira and avast. I must try the others mentioned. Have a great week.

Unknown said...

Hi Judy, thanks for the comment. Nice to hear from you again after my being away online for a while. Have a great day!