Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My First Christmas Gift from Squidoo

For these past few months, I've been busy writing on Squidoo, a great platform for budding online writers. I used to write on Hubpages, but since my Adsense account was closed by Google (see story here), earning in Hubpages became impossible. So I've migrated my articles to Squidoo, which doesn't require writers to own Adsense accounts.

Anyway, my journey in Squidoo didn't start as smoothly as expected. I didn't earn anything from the start. My sister, who is also an online writer under the name of Cheerfulnuts, got a bit more active on the site than I did. After much hardwork, she got her first payout. The following months, she had been consistently receiving her payments from Squidoo. Just a few weeks before, she became a Giant Squid - a much coveted title among Squidoo writers. To be able to become a Giant Squid, one must produce 25 quality articles, among other requirements. My sister Cheerfulnuts met the criteria, and thus she became a Giant Squid.

As for me, this journey to become a Giant Squid might take a while. I haven't even produced enough articles yet. From time to time, Squidoo offers some quests that a Squidoo writer could accept or simply ignore. Recently, I've received a quest about writing a review on any electronic product. Being a technology enthusiast, I took the challenge by submitting an entry about my review on iPod Touch 5th Generation. Soon enough, I've got news that my entry was among the top 25 out of the hundred plus entries that were submitted by other writers. Voting from online readers were held, wherein the top 3 articles that garnered the most votes would get an Amazon gift card worth $25.

To my delight, I did win the Electronics contest. This is a truly special gift to an online writer like me. Thanks for all the people who supported my article. What a big encouragement it is to me. I will continue writing online. My hard work did pay off after all. For the meantime, here's a link to my winning article on Squidoo:

My Top Christmas Wish List Item: iPod Touch 5



1 comment:

Rainy Kua said...

Congratulations seriousnuts! I'm so happy for you! :)