Thursday, September 01, 2011

Frugal Shopping and Reading the Labels


Choose your products wisely.

Photo by Ambro



I came from a frugal family. Going to boutiques has been a challenge to us. When we choose products, we not only consider the quality but also the price. I remembered going to a boutique with my mom many years ago. I was so happy to find a very cheap bottle of lotion. It was a buy one take one commodity. I quickly showed it to my mom, but soon after
, she stopped me from placing it into the shopping basket. She told me the brand was an unknown one. Also, the lotion was manufactured in China. For some reasons, my mom was very apprehensive of products coming from China. It was way long before the melamine scare from dairy products or the infamous recall of China toys. (Read full article.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good post seriousnuts! It is so true, it is the quality of the products that counts. I have come across a wide variety of items that seems to be great bargains then a short while the products have no use! This can be so disappointing! By the way, this morning I passed on the LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD to you and your sister cheerfulnuts. Liebster means favourite in German. I got the award and in turn passed it to my favourite Bloggers. You and cheerfulnuts are among my favourites. I am happy to meet you both through Blogging. Take care and have a great week.

Unknown said...

Exactly. Products that are too cheap will make me think twice before buying them. I often check the ingredients first to be sure. Thanks Judy for the comment and for awarding me. I'm thrilled that you have chosen me and my twin sister. I am happy to meet you too. You are a very supportive follower. Take care.. :)