Saturday, October 08, 2011

Goodbye Google Adsense


On September 27, 2011, I was participating at a question-and-answer website called Webanswers. Just like my usual morning, I would go to the site’s homepage and browse through the questions there. I would answer a couple or more questions that caught my interest. As soon as I shifted to another window where my inbox was located, I saw the email from Google.

The title of the mail is: Google AdSense Account Disabled. The following are the contents.



While going through our records recently, we found that your AdSense
account has posed a significant risk to our AdWords advertisers. Since
keeping your account in our publisher network may financially damage
our advertisers in the future, we've decided to disable your account.

Please understand that we consider this a necessary step to protect the
interests of both our advertisers and our other AdSense publishers. We
realize the inconvenience this may cause you, and we thank you in
advance for your understanding and cooperation.

If you have any questions about your account or the actions we've
taken, please do not reply to this email. You can find more information
by visiting
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=57153&hl=en_US

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense Team

Without even opening the email, I already knew what is says. My sister’s account was also disabled a few weeks back. She was devastated. I went to Webanswers and saw many similar users having the same experience. It was just on that day that my time to get banned came up to me. It was just what I had expected.

The next day, I filed for the appeal. It came back surprisingly on October 5. I was surprised to have received their feedback that quickly. Google has denied my appeal. It’s time to move on.
Even prior to receiving their feedback, I have already written an article on Hubpages about getting banned by Adsense. It was a kind of closure to me. It’s my own way of saying goodbye to Adsense. I can no longer earn through Hubpages through impressions. I can no longer earn from Webanswers as well. I have to think of another way. 

It was through this experience that I began to look for other alternatives to Adsense. I have also considered affiliate marketing. Fortunately, Hubpages allows affiliate marketing for their writers. I have long existing Amazon account and had inserted Amazon capsules to my articles there. I never sold a thing through those links. Just out of curiosity, I decided to take a look again at my Amazon’s earnings report. To my surprise, I managed to sell some items through my articles. The first ever transaction was on September 26 – the day before Adsense dumped me. This event was like telling me to not give up on online writing yet. It was a great consolation to me.

Now that I’m over with Adsense, I have decided to focus on Amazon. I’ve also put up Nuffnang ads on my blog as you can see. I am also currently participating in another website called myLot. It’s a site similar to forums, plus, you get to be paid by participating there. The site pays you directly; they have a special algorithm to determine your earnings. So far, I am doing well with the site. If you’re interested, please do join through my referral link. I also joined Squidoo after learning that you don’t need to have your own Adsense account to earn there. Plus, the Amazon capsules are more optimised there. So far, I haven’t created any new lens yet.

If you were like me who also got banned by Google, never give up. It’s not the end of your online career. There are many other ways to earn online. I am still exploring for more. I have to admit, I still get sad whenever I think about the accumulated Dollars in my Adsense account. Now, all of them are back to Google’s pocket. Yet, getting sad is unproductive at this point. I should continue to move forward. I really hope that I’ll be able to write a success story even without Adsense someday.

3 comments:

Shailesh said...

Hi Seriousnuts I am joining through your link on myLot, my appeal too has been rejected, but I don't feel like loathing them anymore now, I've made up my mind to move forward now, which I think the situation demands too. I'll look forward to MyLot now, as writing long articles taking a spare time out of my job would be almost impossible during office ours, so MyLot can work for me. Well jack sparrow didn't turn out to be lucky for me, although it made me popular, but popularity is worthless if you don't earn a dime, so will choose a different username now, thanks for the information. I'm joining under you. All the best.

Shailesh said...

Hi, your referral link isn't opening, it's showing page not found, you post your link on hubpages, I'll wait till tomorrow, I want you to get benefited too, post your referral link on hubpages on any of my hubs, that will be fine, thanks

Unknown said...

Hi Jack Sparrow. I'm glad that you are moving on now. It has been a difficult time for us, and it's time that we should look for other earning sources. MyLot is a good way to earn. Though it might not make us rich, but I think it's a very legit site. It's very motivating as well, because you could see your earnings increase each day. Plus, you get to receive the money when you reach the payout for as low as $10.00.

I'm not sure why my link isn't opening. I will post the link on your Hubpages. As to what I know, the site is undergoing a system maintenance, so that might be one reason why it isn't working. Thank you for your interest. See you there!